I seem to become a bigger balsamic fan every time I have it. Butter, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and mozzarella…winner winner chicken dinner! This is an amazing one-pot meal, which we all know are my absolute favorites. The 2 sides, however, were some additional dirty dishes, but overall, so worth it. I made this in my cast iron fry pan of course. It has, after all, become my go-to whenever possible. If you don’t own a cast-iron frypan, you need one in your life. If you have one and don’t use it…season it and put that beauty to work!
I served this chicken over garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach.
Recipe: Garlic Balsamic Tomato Baked Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white cooking wine
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella shredded
- Combine and mix all marinade ingredients, except chicken, in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts, make sure to cover each piece of chicken with marinade, cover and set aside a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Make sure rack is in the center of the oven and pre-heat to 425° Combine all of the sauce ingredients, except mozzarella, to a large cast-iron frypan (or oven-safe dish).
- Push the tomatoes to the outsides of the pan and add the chicken breasts, trying not to overlap them.
- Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes or until chicken is almost fully cooked.
- Cover the tops of the chicken breasts with mozzarella cheese. Turn oven up to broil and cook just long enough for the cheese to melt and get brown spots.
- Remove from oven, top with chopped basil and let rest for 3-5 minutes. Serve with cherry tomato halves and butter sauce.