This recipe was a spur of the moment make it up as I go type of thing. It was inspired by a gym conversation, of course, I mean doesn’t everyone talk about food before, during and after working out? I know we do. Some of the most delicious conversations happen at the gym actually.
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread…I love cinnamon rolls and monkey bread, it only makes sense this would be nothing short of spectacular. I didn’t have a recipe, just knowledge of how to make monkey bread and a sweet tooth. It turned out amazing, so last weekend I decided to recreate it, this time measuring and writing everything down.
After my post of the pictures, everyone was asking for the recipe, which I didn’t have at the time, but for you, I sacrificed a Sunday morning and suffered through enjoying this amazingness all over again. You’re welcome!
Mini Cinnamon Roll Monkey Breads
- XXL Cupcake Tray
- 2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp heavy cream / milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar sifted
- Jumbo Cupcake Pan – think of the biggest muffin tray you have and go bigger. You MUST have a jumbo pan for this, or it will overflow into the bottom of your oven!
- Mix sugars and cinnamon together in small bowl. I used my jumbo cupcake pan for this, the deeper the better. Grease generously and set aside.
- Open cinnamon and cut each cinnamon roll into 4-6 pieces. Roll in sugar mix and disperse evenly into 6 cupcake compartments.
- Melt butter in remaining sugar, mix well, add ½ oz of cream cheese, mix until smooth and drizzle over the breads.
- They will rise during cooking, make sure your tray is deep enough.
- With a mixer blend butter until smooth, add cream cheese, mix until well blended and smooth. Add remaining ingredients until smooth, then blend in icing from the package and set aside.
- Bake at 375 for 16-18 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven, let cool for 2-3 minutes then flip cupcake tray onto cutting board for easy removal of breads.
- Put 2 teaspoons of icing at bottom of each plate, add bread then drizzle with remaining icing and enjoy!