Recipe: Thai-Style Pork Noodle Bowl
Thai-Style Pork Noodle Bowl
- 8 oz snow peas sliced into lengthwise strips
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chops sliced thin
- 4 slices center-cut bacon chopped
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¾ tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 pkg (7-8 oz) cooked stir-fry noodles
- Preheat a large pan (I used my cast iron skillet) on medium 3-4 minutes. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain, leaving 2 tablespoons bacon fat in the pan. Place pork in the same pan; cook 3–4 minutes, or until 145°F. Remove pork from pan and set aside.
- Add snow peas to pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in onions, garlic, ginger paste, hot sauce, and lime zest; cook 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot. Combine lime juice, stock, honey, and soy sauce until blended.
- Add noodles to pan, then add soy sauce mixture; simmer 4–5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer pork back to pan; toss to coat. Divide pork and noodle mixture among serving bowls; top with even amounts bacon and cilantro.