I believe anyone that cooks and eats as many meals at home as we do, you’re bound to get tired of the same meals. It’s inevitable!
So in the spirit of expanding my horizons and arsenal of go-to meals and cooking abilities, I’ve been on a trying new recipe kick for a couple of weeks now.
Luckily, I’ve had many great successes lately. Cilantro lime chicken, lemon garlic chicken and THIS!! Creamy Mushroom Spinach Gnocchi…holy freaking delicious!
I knew this was going to be amazing just based on the smell as it cooked. So rich and aromatic, my mouth is watering all over again!
Super easy to make, I actually made the entire thing in my dutch oven and will do it the same way next time too. Another must-have for your kitchen if you don’t already have one.
What are you having for dinner tonight? I hope it’s as delicious as this was!
Creamy Mushroom Spinach Gnocchi
- Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 12 oz Bella mushrooms chopped
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 pkg uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 generous handful baby spinach chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat to warm. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally,
- Add the Dijon mustard and white wine, mix well. Let it bubble for a minute or so.
- Add the cream and gnocchi and mix well. Wait until it starts to bubble again, then cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, mix well, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and season with salt & pepper. Give it a taste; gnocchi should be soft. If not, continue to cook for another few minutes. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese grated over top if desired.