You are about to embark on the exciting journey of selling your home. Whether it is your first home or your tenth home, a retirement home, or an investment property, I will make your home-selling experience fun and exciting. I can also assist you in finding your next happy place with the least amount of hassle.
Selling your home is a very important decision and a big undertaking in your life. It’s my job as your trusted real estate consultant to make sure that you are well equipped and armed with up-to-date information for your big decision. I’m here to guide you through every phase of the home-selling process and to supply you with helpful information during and after your transaction.
So let’s take this exciting journey together! I look forward to meeting you and exceeding any expectations you may have, every step of the way.
Are you thinking about selling your home? Request your FREE Home Sellers Guide now! Send me a message, email email@example.com or call/text 727-326-2963 to get your free copy now!
10 Steps to Selling Your Home
- Define your goals, needs, and expectations. A good place to begin is by exploring your short and goals in life and how selling your home fits in. I will walk through a process I use to thoroughly understand your goals, wants and needs to ensure that your expectations are met.
- Determine the best price for what’s going on in the market right now. We assess the current state of the market and what comparable homes are actually selling for by reviewing a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your home. That way, we can objectively determine its fair market value and price it right.
- Prepare your property so that it is in top-selling condition. Most of us don’t keep our homes in top-selling condition. I will work with you to help you see things from a buyer’s point of view. I will consult with you on what to repair, replace or remove so that your home makes a GREAT first impression.
- Implement time-proven, research-based marketing strategies. Your home will be marketed with a personalized marketing plan that has the highest potential for bringing not only the most but also the most qualified buyers to your doorstep.
- Show your property. Always keep your home in showing condition, this includes when you leave for work. Don’t forget the yard work and keeping everything up even after you’re listed and under contract.
- Receive an offer. When a buyer decides to buy your home, an offer will be presented. I will advise you on the specifics of an offer and whether the buyer is qualified to purchase your home.
- Negotiate to sell. Most offers require some level of negotiation. We will work together to decide your parameter and I will negotiate on your behalf.
- Once you have accepted an offer, I will work with the buyer’s agent to coordinate an appraisal, inspections and a survey (if required). If the buyer requires that certain repairs be made your home, I will continue to negotiate on your behalf and recommend vendors so we move successfully from contract to closing.
- Prepare for closing. A few days before closing, I will contact the title company and the buyer’s agent to ensure that all the necessary forms and documents have been prepared.
- Close! At the closing meeting, ownership of your property is legally transferred to the buyer. I will be present to advise you and ensure that everything goes according to plan.
Home Seller FAQs
Yes. There is a benefit to making sure your home looks its best prior to offering it for sale. There are also small remodeling jobs that will pay off at resale. I can advise you on specific improvements that will increase your home’s marketability and value.
I don’t just list homes; I market them and get them SOLD. I will make sure your home is marketed to potential buyers around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I will customize a marketing plan to reach the types of buyers most likely to purchase your home. I know how to maximize the power of the internet for my clients.
At open houses, I, or a member of my team, will be there. For showings, potential buyers will be brought by their own agents to see your home. Most buyers prefer only their own agents be present when evaluating a prospective new home.
Some agents will quote a higher listing price just to get your business, but an overpriced house will not sell. If you choose to work with me, I will conduct a comparative market analysis prior to recommending an asking price for your home. I will explain how I arrived at the price, but ultimately the decision is up to you. I will offer my professional opinion on how the market will value your home.
Your primary job during the sale of your home is to keep it neat and clean for showings and open houses. A large part of a home’s appeal involves staging, which is everything from furniture placement to home fragrance. I will advise you on how to stage your home well, giving you easy tips and quick fixes to maximize your home’s appeal.
I will help you consider each offer and negotiate the best deal for you. Once you’ve accepted an offer, I will guide you through the entire closing process and ensure everything proceeds smoothly.