Recipe: Salsa Fresca Chicken
This dish is so simple, you will wonder why it took so long for you to add it to your rotation. I highly suggest using fresh pico de gallo or fresh salsa for this recipe, it makes all the difference in the world. We have ours with Spanish rice and it’s a beautiful combination.
Recipe: Garlic Balsamic Tomato Baked Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white cooking wine
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella shredded
- Combine and mix all marinade ingredients, except chicken, in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts, make sure to cover each piece of chicken with marinade, cover and set aside a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Make sure rack is in the center of the oven and pre-heat to 425° Combine all of the sauce ingredients, except mozzarella, to a large cast-iron frypan (or oven-safe dish).
- Push the tomatoes to the outsides of the pan and add the chicken breasts, trying not to overlap them.
- Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes or until chicken is almost fully cooked.
- Cover the tops of the chicken breasts with mozzarella cheese. Turn oven up to broil and cook just long enough for the cheese to melt and get brown spots.
- Remove from oven, top with chopped basil and let rest for 3-5 minutes. Serve with cherry tomato halves and butter sauce.