Recipe: Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Spinach Chicken
Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Spinach Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts filleted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small pkg fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ cup shaved parmesan
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- few pinches salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat, add onions and garlic.
- Cook on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently, covering for first 6 minutes, add a pinch of salt and cook uncovered.
- Onions should be starting to turn golden and caramelize. Add half of the balsamic vinegar to, scrape bottom of the pan and push onions to sides.
- Turn heat to medium-high, add 1 tbsp oil, cook chicken in center of the pan, 2 at a time. Once cooked through, remove to plate to rest.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms, cook until tender. Once mushrooms are tender, add remaining balsamic vinegar, mix well, add spinach to pan and cook until wilted.
- Cook pasta separate and drain
- Add cream, milk, and cheeses to the pan. Mix on medium-low, continue mixing until cheese is melted (5-10 minutes).
- Serve immediately over pasta. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan….because cheese is a beautiful thing.